Dear Parents and Families:
Reading for pleasure has real and long-lasting benefits. It unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps kids discover who they are. Help your child develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading by:
- Setting an example. Let your kids see you read!
- Having a collection of books in the home. Update this collection routinely to keep pace with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Supporting our school’s Scholastic Book Fair. Allow your kids to choose their own books they will love.
Our Spring Book Fair is a reading event that brings books to your child’s school that they want to read. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and help shape your child’s reading habits.
Book Fair dates: 3/12/20-3/20/20
- Thursday 3/12/20 from 7:30-11:00 (Early Dismissal)
- Closed Friday 3/13/20 & Monday 3/16/20(Teacher Workdays)
- Tuesday 3/17/20-Friday 3/20/20 from 7:20 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Special hours: Wednesday, 3/18/20, until 6:00 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair!
Julie Bowman, Digital Learning Facilitator
Newton-Conover Middle School Media Center